VoiceThread is an asynchronous tool and can be used in online courses. Students collaborate by engaging in discussion while using pictures and text to emphasize their key points.
Here are some creative ways to using VoiceThread in education:
1. Digital storytelling -
- Have students post pictures to tell a story. Peers can comments and give critical feedback to the presentation.
- Use pictures to describe concepts and processes.
2. Brainstorm -
- The class can get together as a whole or in groups and brainstorm ideas for a particular problem.
- Have asynchronous debates.
3. Reflection -
- Share reflections of the course, describe their learning process.
- Summarize key concepts and ideas.
4. Reviews -
- Discuss a video lecture.
- Report on an event.
- Critiquing each others presentations, ePortfolios.
5. Introductions -
- Get students to introduce themselves and post one special thing about themselves.
- Get students to describe their culture or backgrounds.
6. In an economics or finance course students
- describe and present on diagrams and charts. Students can also pose questions about certain concepts and use the annotation tool to explain themselves.
- present a solution of the problem in Problem Based Learning (PBL).